Dongyang City, Zhejiang Province
Lu has settled here since the Song Dynasty, and lived for generations. From the 19th year of Ming Yongle (1421) Lu Ruicheng Jinshi, to the mid-century of the Qing Dynasty, many large-scale houses were built one after another. The complete Ming and Qing residential complexes are also typical feudal family settlements. In 1988, it became a national key cultural relics protection unit.
Nine lions play three beams
This object of Lu Zhaizhong can be described as the best of Dongyang woodcarving. It is carved from a whole piece of eucalyptus wood of 1.7 meters or more. Now it smells fragrant. It is up to 1.5 meters. The ancient artists used techniques such as deep relief, openwork and round carving to engrave the lion with both form and spirit. It is vivid and it is the culmination of the traditional architectural wood carvings of Dongyang.
The first axis of the Suyutang axis
"Jie Bao" is the meaning of good news. At that time, Lu Xingsan, the owner of the four courtyards in front of the Suqian Hall, was built: Su Shitang was built, the couple’s 50th birthday, and the eldest son Lu Yuzhong. Therefore, the descendant Lu Hongyuan named the front door "Jie Bao". The “Jie Bao” and “ Jie Yuan” hanging above are the original objects left by history.